Color Sensor / TCS3200
Product Package Content(s):
1 x Color Sensor TCS3200 (also known as GY-31)
The TCS230 is a color light-to-frequency converter on single CMOS integrated circuit. The output is a square wave(50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity (irradiance). The full-scale output frequency can be scaled by one of three preset values via two control input pins. Output enable (OE) places the output in the high-impedance state for multiple-unit sharing of a microcontroller input.
A PDF file in the library folder explains the use of sensor with the library.
Library example code includes:
- Simple blocking read from the sensor
- Simple RGB non-blocking read
- Example incorporating sensor calibration
- Color learning and matching
This library has a dependency on the FreqCount library for frequency counting (included in the download). Please read the setup information in the FreqCount header file or its distribution web site, as the type of Arduino that you are running will determine which pin should be used for connecting to the sensor’s output pin
- The TCS3200 is TCS230 upgraded version better
- Power supply 3-5v
- Resistance to light interference
- White LED can be controlled on, off.
- Can detect non-luminous object color
- Best detection distance 1cm